Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 9: Make Time to Manage Your Finances

Day 7: Make Time to Manage Your Finances

The one thing that I need to do is make time to manage my finances. I am trying to sit down and finish the whole budget thing, but it is taking longer than I thought. The other thing I really need to work on is our emergency fund. I had to take my car in twice this month to get work done for about $350. I had planned to put about that much into our emergency fund, since we made a little more last month. So much for that. The one thing I am glad we did was pay off about $200 on the lowest credit card, but we put it right back on with the second car problem. So no momentum so far in getting this first card paid off. We only have about $400 on it, so it should get paid off within the next 3-6 months depending on how much we can make then. That will be a good day!

So to finish this thing off, I think I will commit to trying to sit down every sunday night for at least a few minutes to try and rectify our budget.

No comments: