Thursday, July 24, 2008

Craziness and a Budget

My summer is officially busy. I did not think that I would not be able to sit down and write something for the last two weeks, but here I am at five-something in the morning doing just that. I am usually off to work by now, but I have a dentist appointment this morning, so I could get a few minutes in. It seems like since we left for vacation back on the 9th, we have had something going on every night! I can't complain, though. We were invited to do some very nice things without spending any money, so it was a blessing.

We were able to write up a budget in the last two weeks that has really been an eye opener for me. It looks like we are about $800 over budget every month. We really need to push that number down, and I am looking for a part time job that will help. My wife is also trying to work a little more than she has. She doesn't work much as it is because she is a stay at home mom, but I think we are realizing that needs to change a little. Hopefully I can find something part time that fits around my schedule and that can help us get over the hump!! I am going to continue writing about the 33 ways of reducing debt while also commenting about Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I will also update the job and budget situation. Until then, everyone can just mail me small unmarked bills dirctly to my house...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your openess. I need to check out Dave Ramsey's site. See what it is all about.--S